The company was founded in 1899 by Herman Bergdorf (opened a tailor shop in Union Square) and later owned and managed by Edwin Goodman. The store moved from downtown to the 5th in 1928. Goodman designed the store structure to be subdivided into sections with storefronts that could be rented out if needed, one of the earliest tenant was Van Cleef & Arpels.
In 1990 the CEO Ira Neimark moved the men’s store across the street at 745 fifth. Today Bergdorf Goodman is one of the most famous luxury department store in NYC where customers can shop exclusive brands like Manolo Blahnik, Chanel, Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Dior and many more! A luxury SPA is located on the 5th floor of the women’s store, right next to the Goodman’s Café.
Bergdorf Goodman is also famous for its spectacular windows considered an amazing attraction to visit!