Brooks Brothers has been in business since 1818!
Henry Sands Brook opened H. & D. H. Brooks & Co. on the Northeast corner of Catherine and Cherry Streets in Manhattan, in 1833, his four sons, inherited the family business and in 1850 renamed the company “Brooks Brothers”, which moved to its current Madison Avenue outpost in 1915. Even if today Brooks Brothers is considered a very traditional clothier, the company introduced many clothing novelties to the American market throughout its history as a leader in the American menswear industry.
Brooks Brothers today has 5 locations in Manhattan:
– 1180 Madison Avenue (Upper East Side)
– 346 Madison Avenue (Midtown)
– 1270 Avenue of the Americas (Rockefeller Center)
– 1934 Broadway (Upper West Side)
– 901 Broadway (Flatiron)
Stay tuned for more updates!